Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Postcards from the edge without asking or telling


Hello readers... [note: I did not edit or proofread tonight]
So I just got home from work at 10pm (22:00 for our european readers)... I am really tired and don't have ton to share...
I ran 5km tonight to keep the streak alive... I am running at 5:45 tomorrow and it is with George so it should be nice...

But tonight I will celebrate to things I cannot believe from back home...


One... hooray for Americans being slightly less backward and letting any American who wants to serve their country serve in the military. I have never had an urge to go to war or kiss another man... but I have also never understood how those two things are related. A friend in the military told me once "The reason you can't understand the importance and connection is because you have never done it." My smart ass answer, "that is what all of my gay friends say about kissing men!" 

I am quite ok not doing both, I do love my country and the ideals that serve as it's foundation and I am proud of all that serve and protect those freedoms. Those freedoms that include the right to chose your partner and live your life. I still don’t think the question should be asked… I am fine with “do you plan to protect and serve the American people and the US constitution at the cost of your life?” If the answer is ‘yes’ my only response to any man or women, gay or straight, is thank you for defending my right to be free.

And two… the post office is going to fail… send someone you care about a postcard for crying out loud. Not an e-card, not a letter, just a postcard. Say something as simple as hello or as complicated as “The pretty ballerina armpunches el guapo solo for all of time.” [that one is code]

I guess I don’t care what you say, but take the time to say you care…

2 comments:

  1. Great to have you back and writing. Always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always know how to get right to the Heart of the Matter, and the Heart is by the way what really matters in my humble opinion. Thanks again Craig, I needed a little moisture in the old dry eyes.

    ReplyDelete